23 Oct Floor Decal Safety and You
Just over a year ago, Katy Perry took a tumble when tripping on an improperly installed floor decal for an American Idol promo. Although she didn’t lose a beat during her fall, it is important to learn about proper floor decal safety and installation.
View this post on Instagram
With people spending nearly 4.7 hours a day looking down at their phones, floor decals are a great way to market your brand. Competing with a smartphone for the attention of a customer doesn’t seem quite so daunting, as the average person is used to multi-tasking with a phone in their hand. Floor decals are not the newest product on the market, but they are now more relevant and useful than ever. Therefore, to make the most of floor decals, it’s important to apply them correctly and safely.
1. For proper floor decal safety, first and foremost, make sure a nonslip top layer is applied during the printing stage.
2. Choose the right material for your floor decal. Preferably a material that can be applied on any surface, even wet. In addition, make sure your floor decal is suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
3. Before applying the floor graphic, clean the surface with sponge and soap water.
4. When installing the decal, use a straight ruler or similar tool. Start from the middle and then gradually move outward to the edges of the decals to smooth out and remove any air bubbles.
5. Avoid placing the graphic along the edges of tiles or the grout of floor joints. This causes the decal to lift up, which will certainly cause harm to you and others.
6. Never use a hairdryer or heat-related tools after the install of the decal. It will remove the adhesive of the decal and cause it to curl.
These simple and important Do’s and Don’ts will help ensure proper installation and floor decal safety. And that’s all, you are ready to showcase your wonderful branding on your new floor decals.