10 Apr Tips For Creating Powerful Images
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This sentiment rings true to most people because powerful images can convey a complex idea with just one single picture. Super Color Digital prints and produces thousands of powerful images on many different substrates every year but what makes those images powerful?
- Choose a subject: Make sure that the subject you choose is relevant to the message you want to send or a product or service you intend to sell. You want a subject that resonates with the viewer, wows them with beauty or intrigues them with mystery.
- Strong Composition: A good rule to remember is “fill the frame with what you like.” Make sure there aren’t elements that are distracting from your subject. Utilize leading lines such as paths, roads, shorelines and other elements to help connect the foreground to the background and draw the viewer’s attention.
- Dramatic use of light: Light is a very effective tool, capable of creating a mood, adding to a story and sometimes it can even be a powerful subject on its own. Lighting can be crucial to creating a powerful image, and improper or poor lighting can have the opposite effect.
- Dramatic use of Color: Color is a huge factor for creating powerful images. You can use strong and bold colors as deeply saturated colors have more impact. You should also utilize complementary colors. If you are not familiar with complimentary colors then you may want to use a color wheel to explain the relationships between colors.
- Capture a moment: A moment can be anything from capturing the expression of joy on someone’s face to the final moments of sunset during the golden hour. Basically, capturing any moment that is somehow special or different from the norm.
- Emotionally impactful: There are many factors that can evoke an emotional response and at times those reasons are hard to pinpoint. Our emotions are subjective, and what evokes a certain emotion for one person may not always produce the same effect for someone else. What is certain, is that emotionally, impactful imagery will leave a lasting impression. Now that you have some tips for creating powerful images, your next step should be finding a printer who can capture every detail and successfully reproduce the powerful imagery behind your message. At Super Color Digital we have over 35 years of experience in creating powerful visual solutions for many of today’s most recognized brands. Contact us today to find out how we can make your vision a reality.